( I sent last week assignment as a attachment- you might have to read that first)
Your client is happy with your work from last week and would like to move forward. After careful consideration, you have determined that an online survey and observational research will help your client reach the marketing research objectives defined last week.
This is a two-part assignment. In the first part, you will outline the steps involved in developing an online survey to get quantitative primary data to support a specific research objective. In the second part, you will conduct observational research to get qualitative primary data to support a specific research objective.
Part 1: Online Survey
To complete this part of the assignment, do the following in at least 3 double-spaced pages:
- List at least three pros and at least three cons of online surveys.
- Explain how an online survey will help your client achieve its marketing research objectives.
- Select one free online survey tool from those mentioned in the lecture notes for this module. Outline the steps involved in setting up an online survey using this tool.
- Complete at least 5 questions you might include in the survey to help your client achieve its marketing research objectives.
Part 2: Observational Research
To complete this part of the assignment, do the following in a minimum of 3 double-spaced pages in the same Word document you started in Part 1:
- Visit the website of one of your client’s competitors. Be sure to narrow your competitor search to the scenario you chose earlier (online retail industry or athletic shoe industry).
- Think about how you feel as you navigate the website. Note your overall impression and how content is arranged. Note the colors, images, front choice and overall style. Click on some tabs and note the information included in the dropdown menu. Explain what you learned as you examined the website.
- Discuss the look and feel you want customers to experience as they navigate through your client’s website. Think about words such as fun, upscale, friendly, high-tech, cutting edge, powerful or other words that might describe the customer experience. Recommend colors, images, and 3 most important tabs for starters. Explain your recommendations to your client and how the website will help achieve marketing research objectives.
- Provide the name of the competitor and the URL (link) to its website on a reference page formatted according to APA guidelines.