For this assignment, you will create a presentation of your selected program using the fast-paced PechaKucha presentation style of 20 slides/20 seconds per slide. For more information and background, read the article “What is PechaKucha?”
Note: If you would like feedback from other students on your presentation prior to submitting, please join the extra ungraded, optional discussion included in Weeks 8 and 9 of this course named “Presentation Forum”.
Complete the following for your selected program:
- Create a presentation of your selected program using the presentation software of your choice that includes the program name, needs analysis, program goal and objective(s), learning objectives, instructional activities, measurement method(s), and description of activities you will use to launch your program.
- Write a two (2) page summary detailing the following:
- Describe what you learned while developing your program. What aspects of it did you like/dislike?Is there anything you would have done differently?
- Find two (2) academic conferences you would be interested in presenting your program to. Provide the information for each conference, and discuss why these conferences appealed to you and why these audiences would be interested in your program.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Include exactly twenty (20) slides in your presentation, including the title slide.
- Include quality, relevant graphics where you are able.
- Each slide’s narration should be no longer than twenty (20) seconds in length. (Note: provide speaker notes of the same length in the Notes area of your presentation).
- Include a separate Microsoft Word document for the two (2) page written summary.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Design and develop curriculum or instructional content for diverse adult learners.
- Explore methods of evaluation for education programs and curriculum.
- Analyze criteria for effective program launch.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in adult learning curriculum design and development.
- Write clearly and concisely about adult learning curriculum design and development using proper writing mechanics.