Chapter 1 – study questions 1-5, Exercise 3
Text Book Information Systems for Business and Beyond. https://opentextbook.site/informationsystems2019/
- What are the five major components that make up an information system?
- List the three examples of information system hardware?
- Microsoft Windows is an example of which component of information systems?
- What is application software?
- What roles do people play in information systems?
Exercise 3 : Everyone interacts with various information systems every day: at the grocery store, at work, at school, even in our cars. Make a list of the different information systems you interact with daily. Can you identify the technologies, people, and processes involved in making these systems work.
Chapter 2 – study questions 1-10, Exercise 2 (Information Systems for Business and Beyond)
- Write your own description of what the term information systems hardware means.
- What has lead to the shift toward mobility in computing?
- What is the impact of Moore’s Law on the various hardware components described in this chapter?
- Write a one page summary of one of the items linked to in the “Integrated Computing” section.
- Explain why the personal computer is now considered a commodity.
- The CPU can also be thought of as the _____________ of the computer.
- List the units of measure for data storage in increasing order from smallest to largest, kilobyte to yottabyte.
- What is the bus of a computer?
- Name two differences between RAM and a hard disk.
- What are the advantages of solid-state drives over hard disks?
Exercise2: Re-read the section on IoT, then find at least two scholarly articles about IoT. Prepare a minimum of three slides that address issues related to IoT. Be sure to give attribution to your sources.
The above assignments should be submitted in one-word document.